Why join Tuscany family cooking classes at our farmhouse in Tuscany?
One of the best cooking classes in Tuscany is held in the ancient rooms of our family farmhouse in Tuscany, between Siena (30 min) and San Gimignano (20 min) where wine once used to be produced and kept.
We are not professional chefs but we have learnt how to cook from our mothers and grandmothers and this is what we want to share with you. We believe that the best dishes of the traditional dishes of Tuscany are the most simple ones and that the respect and the attention we pay to the quality of the ingredients make all the difference.
You will have the chance to learn how to prepare the traditional dishes which are prepared in our homes for a true Tuscan lunch. The dishes we offer are simple and explained step by step so you will easily repeat them once you return home!
We will give you an authentic experience, where, for a day you will move away from the tourist crowds of the cities in a splendid environment amongst the gentle Tuscan hills…
How does one day cooking class in our Farmhouse in Tuscany take place?
The whole experience takes about 4 hours concluding with lunch where the dishes cooked, all tuscan food specialities, during the class will be served, matched with a good local wine. If the weather is fine, lunch will be served in the beautiful garden in front of the farmhouse.
Starters, Tuscan bruschette: made with fresh ingredients. Two different kinds.
Home made pasta: learn how to make a good dough and roll it out creating tasty tagliatelle.
Ravioli: we will prepare the dough together and give the gnocchi or ravioli their classic shape.
Dessert: the recipe for a classic tiramisù.
Everything washed down with good local wine!
- The cooking class will be held with a minimum of 2 people.
- For security reasons, only the children who have already completed 12 years of age will be admitted to the class.
- If you bring a guest under the age of 18, it is your responsibility to ensure that the activities he/she will participate are appropriate for his/herage.
- Please note that only the people who will participate in the cooking class will be admitted to assist. The final lunch will be served only to the people who have participated in the experience.
- It is possible to require a private class with a minimum of 2 people.
- Guests who will stay at Casa Podere Monti will enjoy a 15% discount on the cooking classes.
SPECIAL NOTE: Upon booking, please e-mail us about any food allergies or preferences you may have. Thank you.